If you’re trying to Buy my house for cash, first impressions are lasting impressions. In a tough real estate market, there are a lot of little things that anyone can do to make their home more attractive to prospective buyers.
Here are seven simple things that you can do to make your house sell faster.
Preparing to Sell Your House
- If the rooms in your house are painted bold or unusual colours, bright or garish wallpaper has been used, or there are unique theme rooms, it might be a good idea to tone them down. Some buyers may not be able to see past all of the extra work that they’re going to have to do to make the house their own. Neutral colours make it easier for buyers to customize a house to suit their tastes, and it means much less work for them after they move in.
- Open up the house and make it look more spacious by getting rid of excess furniture and clutter. What seems cozy to you might make a buyer think “hoarder” and send them running to the next house on their list. Excess furniture will also make rooms look much smaller than they actually are.
- Avoid cooking strongly scented foods in the days leading up to showings. Clean up after pets and be sure to empty the litter box if you have cats. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to bake cookies or bread to make the house smell warm and inviting (plus you’ll have snacks to eat).
- Make small changes that can have a big impact on the appearance of your house. Something as simple as installing new hardware on kitchen cabinets can really spruce up an older kitchen.
- Make sure necessary repairs are done before you list your house. Few things can put the kybosh on a sale like presenting a long list of annoying but necessary repairs to a prospective buyer.
- Keep the front yard and sidewalk tidy, well-trimmed and inviting. Put the garden tools and kids’ toys away. This is the first thing people are going to see when they arrive at your house for a viewing and the first impression they get is going to be a lasting impression.
- Put away as many personal items such as family photos or artwork mounted on the fridge with magnets as you can. Make it easier for prospective buyers to visualize what your home could look like after they’ve moved in.
Selling your house takes a lot of hard work and it can be very stressful and disruptive. If you follow these simple steps, you might just be able to sell your property sooner.